Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Arlys Louise aka Granny/GG (1933-2002)

MY GRAN....so many things that I could say about her...
She was vibrant and full of life.  She loved her family and was fiercely protective of all of us.  Her favorite pastime was dancing on Saturday nights with her girlfriends Marie, Kathy and Bonnie.
I am proud to say that my 3 kids "know" their GG and talk about her regularly.  Last week there was something in the yard and my mom told  Aubree that it was GG's and Aubree said "she dropped it from the kye" (sky).  Even though she is gone, I still feel that I have a relationship with her and I have made sure that my kids, her great grandkids, feel the same and know how special she was and still is to all of us.  I had an amazing relationship and a special connection with my Granny and I am truly honored and forever changed because she was a part of my life.  I am so fortuate to be able to call her my Gran.
I was there when she took her final breaths, holding her hand...the hardest thing I have ever done, but I am honored and feel blessed to have been able to be  there for her in her last moments on Earth...the track on this blog "Sissy's Song" by Alan Jackson is in honor of Gran...We all love and miss her dearly!!



No comments:

Post a Comment